Question: How to manually install SQL Server Express?
Version: 1.8 / 1.9 / 2.0
1. Before beginning the installation, please ensure that you have read the System Requirements and Installation Instruction (the instruction provided in the page is very basic but still cover some of required information) of the selected Microsoft SQL Server you wish to install in the download page linked above.
2. Start the installation process by double-clicking the downloaded installer. After the installer has unpacked its required resources, you will be greeted by the following screen.
3. Choose the New Installation option. The installer will begin to execute several checks and functions to begin the installation.
4. Select the option ‘New installation or add shared feature’ and click on ‘Next’.
5. Check the checkbox of ‘I accept the license terms’ and click on ‘Next’. If you wish to send feature usage data to Microsoft, you may check this option.
6. Make sure that the Instance Features are selected in the Feature Selection screen and click on ‘Next’.
7. For the Instance Configuration, you may choose and enter the Named instance and Instance ID information.
Please note that the default Instance Name for AutoCount is A2006.
8. The installer will then check and calculate the Disk Space Requirement, if you have passed the requirement, it will skip to the Server Configuration page.
9. In the Server Configuration page, for the SQL Server Database Engine entry, please change from the default ‘NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE’ account name to ‘NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM’ account name. Then click on ‘Next’ to continue.
10. For the Database Engine Configuration, in the Account Provisioning tab, under the Authentication Mode, please choose the ‘Mixed Mode (SQL Server authentication and Windows Authentication)’ option and specify the sa account password in the Enter and Confirm password fields.
Note: if you are not using the default AutoCount password as sa password, you will be required to input your own sa password to access the server later on when attaching or restoring databases. If you wish to use the default AutoCount password, please contact AutoCount Sdn Bhd to obtain it.
11. Click on Next to continue your installation.
12. For the Error Reporting page, if you wish to send reports to Microsoft, you may check for the option. Else, just click ‘Next’ to continue.
13. Wait for the Installation process.
14. Click on Close when the installation is completed.
Now, you may start to create or restore Account book into this SQL Server.
By: Support web 2014, KM 180312, P180322
|AutoCount Accounting 2.0
|AutoCount Accounting 1.8 / 1.9
|AutoCount On The Go
|AutoCount Accounting Plug-In Documentations