Troubleshooting: Attach database error - One or more files do not match the primary file of the database
Question: Attach Database error message: One or more files do not match the primary file of the database.
1. Your database log file (.ldf) does not match with your primary database file (.mdf).
• Database log file and primary database file usually come in a pair, if you try to attach them with the wrong pair, then you will encounter an error.
• E.g.: ‘A.mdf’ pair with ‘A.ldf’, ‘B.mdf’ pair with ‘B.ldf’. If you trying to attach ‘A.mdf’ with ‘B.ldf’, then you will have the error message as above.
2. Your database is corrupted.
• Either your primary database file is corrupted, or your database log file is corrupted.
1. Attach the database with correct primary database file and database log file.
2. Restore from the latest backup file.
By: CY 171130, KM 171204, P171206