Question: I’ve Exported All Data from ‘Company A’ and then when I trying to Import All Data to ‘Company B’, error message prompted: Cannot set column ‘ItemGroup’. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column.
Version: 1.8 / 1.9 / 2.0
There is some Item Group length has exceeded the original length.
‘Company A’ has changed the User-Defined Data Type Size for Item Group to greater length. Therefore, in ‘Company A’ can maintain Item Group longer than its original length. But in ‘Company B’ the User-Defined Data Type Size for Item Group still remains as original state.
E.g. Item Group length for Company A has been changed to 10 characters but Item Group Length for Company B still remains as original size which is 8.
1. In your Windows Start Menu, look for AutoCount Accounting 1.8 Management Studio.
2. Login into ‘Company B’ Account Book.
3. Go to Tools > Change User-Defined Data Types Size.
4. Under User-Defined Data Type Name, look for d_ItemGroup.
5. Change the User-Defined Data Type Size to the size that same with ‘A Company’ (E.g.: 10) and then click on Change.
6. A change successful message will be prompted, click on OK.
7. Now, do the Import All Data again and it should be import successfully without any error message.
**Note: Same situation may happen in other fields as well, such as Account No., Area Code, Item Code, Item Type, Department, Project, Location, and UOM. You may use the same way as above to solve the issue.
By: CY 171027, KM 171030, P171103
|AutoCount Accounting 2.0
|AutoCount Accounting 1.8 / 1.9
|AutoCount On The Go
|AutoCount Accounting Plug-In Documentations