Question: Can I setup AutoCount Server (Backup Server) and SQL Server (Database Server) in two different computers?
Yes, but you need to use at least AutoCount Accounting version 18.104.22.168 and AutoCount Server version 22.214.171.124.
1) Setup Database Server at PC 1 (where you installed the SQL Server and database located) and install AutoCount Server (Backup Server) at PC 2.
Please obtain IPv4 Address for PC 1 (Database Server) and IPv4 Address for PC 2 (AutoCount Server) and jot down the info.
PC 1 (Database Server) IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.1
PC 2 (AutoCount Server) IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.4
2) At PC 2 (AutoCount Server), right click on the AutoCount Server icon > License Setting.
3) View your Product ID.
4) Click on Change SQL Domain, and key in IPv4 Address for PC 1 (Database Server) with the format: IPv4 Address\ Example: 192.168.1.1\
Then click on OK.
5) Then click on Register to register your account book that located at PC 1 into License Database.
6) Key in the SQL Instance name, then click on Get All Available Databases. Check on the database name that you wish to add into License Database, then click on OK.
7) At AutoCount login screen for both computers, right click on the account book that added into license and click on Remote License Setting. Key in the IPv4 Address for PC 2 (AutoCount Server) and click on OK.
8) Try to login account book, and this account book should detect valid license.
By: Cit Ta 230802, Lay Swan 230823, P230825
|AutoCount Accounting 2.0 & 2.1
|AutoCount Accounting 1.8 / 1.9
|AutoCount On The Go
|AutoCount Accounting Plug-In Documentations