How to configure dynamic and static sql port number for security purpose as I do not want to open all my ports?
User may configure sql port number in SQL Server configuration manager. Using SQL Port number to link up system, may provide more stable connection between SQL Server and Autocount System.
1. Press Win + R to open run command, and fill in name as below if your SQL Server version is 2012
2. Otherwise, User also can go to Start Menu to find SQL Server Configuration Manager .
3. Go to SQL Server Network Configuration and expand it, and click on Protocol for A2006
4. Right click TCP/IP and click enable.
5. Make sure TCP/IP is Enabled before you can set the sql port number.
6. Go back to SQL Server Services and select SQL Server (A2006) to restart the services.
7. Right click again TCP/IP and select properties > IP Addresses tab and scroll it down to the bottom.
8. Now you will see TCP Dynamic Ports is auto assigned by system default, But you also can assign a static SQL port number under TCP Port column.
9. Make sure to click on OK button to save the setting. Go back to SQL Server Services and select SQL Server (A2006) to restart the services.
By: Kee 20210914, Jacky 20210921, P210927 
|AutoCount Accounting 2.0 & 2.1
|AutoCount Accounting 1.8 / 1.9
|AutoCount On The Go
|AutoCount Accounting Plug-In Documentations