Troubleshooting: Cannot open database “AED XXX”…
Question: Failed to login, message: "Cannot open database AED_...."
This message is prompted for a few possible reasons, two of the most likely reasons are:
- The database has not been attached to SQL Server, OR more accurately, has been detached from SQL Server.)
- The database attached to SQL Sever has been marked as 'Suspect' by SQL Server.
Note: To determine if a database status is marked as Suspect, take a look at the name of database at Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express...(also refer to Unable to attach suspected database)
The following steps are recommended to repair a Suspect database (that are recoverable).
- Go to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express (Go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server Management Studio Express, click on Connect …. )
- Click on New Query, key in the following queries, then Execute.
? EXEC sp_resetstatus ‘AED_ABC’ -- this query is to reset the 'Suspect' status, or turn off the Suspect flag on a database.
? ALTER DATABASE AED_ABC SET EMERGENCY -- this query is to allow SQL administrator to take control of the database for trouble-shooting purpose.
? ALTER DATABASE AED_ABC SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE -- this query will set database to allow only one user at a time access to the database.
3. Clear the contents of Query box, and key in the following query, follow by Execute:
? DBCC CHECKDB (‘databasename’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) -- this query is used to check the errors and fix/repair them.
Note: there are 2 more modes of repair that can be used in certain occasions that involved only minor errors or and re-indexing: (1) DBCC CHECKDB (‘databasename’, REPAIR_FAST) -- used to perform minor, non time-consuming repair actions such as repairing extra keys in non-clustered indexes. These repairs can be done quickly and without risk of data loss. (2) DBCC CHECKDB (‘databasename’, REPAIR_REBUILD) -- to perform all repairs done by REPAIR_FAST and includes time-consuming repairs such as rebuilding indexes. These repairs can be done without risk of data loss.
? Query completed with errors... scroll downwards to read through the message.... you may see some lines saying errors were found and fixed/repaired... ? Click on Execute again to ran the query (you may need to do this for several times) until the message showing: Query executed successfully.
4. Clear the contents of Query box, and key in the following query, follow by Execute:
• ALTER DATABASE AED_ABC SET MULTI_USER -- this query will set the database back to multi-user mode to allow connection of all users that have appropriate permission.
5. Now, you should be able to login the account book.
|AutoCount Accounting 2.0
|AutoCount Accounting 1.8 / 1.9
|AutoCount On The Go
|AutoCount Accounting Plug-In Documentations