Troubleshooting: Save Invoice Error - Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric
Question : When I try to save a new Invoice, system prompts an error message "Unknown Sql Exception (Number=8115.Message=Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric. The statement has been terminated)”. What should I do?
Version : 1.8 / 1.9 / 2.0
Possible Reason :
Some data not able to update to SQL table when saving this transaction.
1) Click on Show Details to check the error, it’s regarding the UTDCosting Table.
2) Go to Stock > Item Maintenance, to view the item ‘TEST’. The unit cost at Up To Date Cost is showing an unusually huge amount.
3) Inquiry the Stock Card report for this item. The Balance Cost and Average Balance Cost also showing unusually huge amount. It seems like something is wrong in the costing.
4) Do a backup and run Recalculate Stock Costing for this item at Tools > Recalculate Stock Costing.
5) After finished the recalculate, go back to stock card report to inquiry again. Now the cost is updated and looks normal.
6) Then, try to save the Invoice, and it works fine.
By : Azirah 180921, Lay Swan 180926, P180928
|AutoCount Accounting 2.0
|AutoCount Accounting 1.8 / 1.9
|AutoCount On The Go
|AutoCount Accounting Plug-In Documentations