Troubleshooting: Backup error - Backup Failed. Database Error found. Unknown Sql Exception ... A database snapshot cannot be created because it failed to start...
Question : Why can’t I backup account book? There is an error message prompted ‘Backup Failed. Database Error found. Unknown Sql Exception .... A database snapshot cannot be created because it failed to start….”
Version : 1.8 / 1.9 / 2.0
Possible Reason :
SQL server file may have corrupted.
Uninstall and Re-install Microsoft SQL Server and re-attach the databases.
1) Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
2) Select your current Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (64-bit), right click and click on Uninstall/Change.
3) Click on Remove .
4) Click on OK.
5) Choose the instance that you want to remove, and click on Next.
6) You may choose Select All or may choose only A2006 (Database Engine Services and SQL Server Replication) to remove, then click on Next.
7) Let it finish running before proceeding with Next.
8) Under Ready to Remove, click on Remove.
9) Let the Remove Progress complete …
10) Uninstallation process is completed. You may click on Close.
11) After uninstall Microsoft SQL Server, please copy your AutoCount raw database (usually located at C:\AutoCount Data) and paste into another folder as a backup.
Then, you need to re-install the Microsoft SQL Server, please refer to the below link for the steps how to install.
Others: How to install SQL Server Express manually
12) After installed Microsoft SQL Server, install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, please refer to the below link for the steps how to install.
Others: How to install Microsoft SQL Management Studio
13) Then login SQL Management Studio to attach database. You need to attach back all your AutoCount raw databases. Please refer to the below link for the steps how to attach database.
Others: How to attach Database file from SQL Management Studio
14) After that, login AutoCount and you should be able to backup now.
Note : Please seek assistance from your software dealer if the problem still persists after performing the suggested steps.
By : Michelle 200416, Lay Swan 200423, P200428
|AutoCount Accounting 2.0 & 2.1
|AutoCount Accounting 1.8 / 1.9
|AutoCount On The Go
|AutoCount Accounting Plug-In Documentations